Edward Sherman was admitted to practice in the State of Iowa in 2000, and the State of Illinois in 2004. He has also been admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, the United States District Court for Northern District of Indiana.
Ed has tried jury and bench trials to verdict, participated in arbitration hearings and conducted numerous depositions in multi-party cases. Ed is also the lead attorney for all appeals for the firm and has argued appeals before the Illinois Appellate Court, as well as the Illinois Supreme Court.
Ed is a member of the Appellate Lawyers Association where he is a member of the ALA Rules Committee. Ed is also a member of the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel and serves on its Tort and Amicus Committees, and the Defense Research Institute where he is currently the Vice-Chair for Appellate Rules on the Appellate Advocacy Committee.
Ed has also given presentations and written on different aspects of appellate law for various bar associations in the legal community, including presentations to the DuPage County Bar Association and an article in the ISBA Estate Planning Newsletter regarding the Supreme Court of Illinois’ recognition of equitable adoption in Illinois.
Ed currently serves on his son’s school board and is available for presentation on various aspects of appellate law.
- Tort Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Landlord/Tenant Litigation
- Appeals (state and federal courts)
- J.D., Drake University School of Law with Honors, 2000
- M.P.A., Drake University, 2000
- B.S., Community and Regional Planning with Distinction, Iowa State University, 1996
- Gacki v. Bartels, 369 Ill.App.3d 284, 859 N.E.2d 1178 (2nd Dist. 2006)
- Hatchett v. W2X, Inc., 2013 IL App 121748 (1st Dist. 2013)
- DeHart v. DeHart, 2013 IL 114137, 986 N.E.2d 85 (Ill. 2013)
- Fendon v. Bank of America, N.A., 877 F.3d 714 (7th Cir. 2017)