As managing partner of Lillig & Thorsness, Adrian Mendoza concentrates his complex civil and commercial litigation practice in the areas of business, tort, employment, as well as estates and trusts. Clients trust his analytical insights, creative viewpoint, and intuitive ability to form effective and efficient plans of action to meet their goals no matter the case at hand.
In his extensive experience representing clients in jury and bench trials at the state and federal level, he has appeared before administrative law agencies in cases involving catastrophic injury, fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, employment practices, and real estate property disputes.
In addition to his trial work representing clients in the real estate, manufacturing, hospitality, financial, legal, and insurance industries, Adrian counsels businesses on preventative measures, post-occurrence investigations, settlement negotiations, and governmental compliance. Companies rely on his adept corporate law knowledge to conduct internal investigations relating to fraud, harassment claims, wrongful death, and safe practices and procedures.
As managing partner, Adrian will continue to advance the firm’s strategic and targeted growth in core practice areas and expand its roster to adapt as client needs evolve and grow.
- Totty v. Anderson Funeral Home, Ltd., 448 F.Supp.3d 928 (N.D. Ill. 2020)
- Mighty v. Safeguard Properties Management, LLC 2018 WL 5619451 (N.D. Illinois 2018)
- Hartford Fire Ins. Co. v. Coastal Int'l, 2015 WL 4038905 (N.D. Illinois, 2015)
- Jackson v. Bank of New York, 62 F.Supp.3d 802 (N.D. Illinois, 2014)
- DeHart v. DeHart, 369 Ill.Dec.136, 986 N.E.2d 85 (Il.Sup.Ct. 2013)
- Yeomans Chicago Corp. v. Goulds Pumps, Inc., 2013 WL 655519 (N.D. Illinois, 2013)
- Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. v. Argonaut Private Equity, LLC, 804 F.Supp.2d 808 (N.D. Illinois, 2011)
- Gonzalez v. Second Federal Savings and Loan Ass’n, 352 Ill.Dec. 385, 954 N.E.2d 245 (1st Dist. 2011)
Leadership Positions & Association Involvement
- Greater Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors Member, 2016 – Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2015 – Present
- Defense Research Institute, Member, 1997 – Present
- Village of Riverside, Zoning and Planning Commission Member, 2015 – 2019
- Riverside Swim Club, President, 2012-2015
- The John Marshall Law School Alumni Association, Board of Directors Member, 1997 – 2001
Publications & Presentations
- “Illinois’ Testamentary Exception to the Attorney-Client Privilege,” ISBA Trusts & Estates Newsletter, November 2020
- “Small Business Owners’ New Obligations to Their Employees,” Daily Herald Business Ledger, April 24, 2020
- “Arbitration Is Not Always the Best Option,” Daily Herald Business Ledger, February 1, 2016
- “Defense of Food Contamination Claims,” IDC Quarterly Journal, March 2003