Adrian Mendoza has tried numerous jury and bench trials in state and federal courts and appeared before administrative law agencies throughout the country in cases involving catastrophic injury, fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, employment practices and real property disputes. He represents clients in the real estate, manufacturing, hospitality, financial, legal, and insurance industries.
In addition to his trial work, Adrian counsels businesses on preventative measures, post-occurrence investigations, settlement negotiations and governmental compliance. He has been called upon to conduct internal corporate investigations relating to fraud, harassment claims, wrongful death, and safe practices and procedures.
Adrian was admitted to practice law in the State of Illinois in 1994, the State of Indiana in 1997 and the District of Columbia in 2012. He is also admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, and the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, and has appeared pro hac vice in courts in Georgia, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, New York and Pennsylvania.
Adrian is a member of the Defense Research Institute and the Illinois State Bar Association. Currently he serves on the Board of Directors for the Greater Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce and as member of the Zoning and Planning Commission for the Village of Riverside. He is a past President of the Riverside Swim Club and previously served on the Board of Directors of The John Marshall Law School Alumni Association. Adrian has been recognized as an Illinois Super Lawyer in 2006, 2007 and 2019.
- Business Litigation
- Tort and Employment Practices Litigation
- Estate & Trust Litigation
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, 1994
- B.S., Finance, DePaul University, 1990
- Mighty v. Safeguard Properties Management, LLC 2018 WL 5619451 (N.D. Illinois 2018)
- Hartford Fire Ins. Co. v. Coastal Int’l, 2015 WL 4038905 (N.D. Illinois, 2015)
- Jackson v. Bank of New York, 62 F.Supp.3d 802 (N.D. Illinois, 2014)
- DeHart v. DeHart, 369 Ill.Dec.136, 986 N.E.2d 85 (Il.Sup.Ct. 2013)
- Yeomans Chicago Corp. v. Goulds Pumps, Inc., 2013 WL 655519 (N.D. Illinois, 2013)
- Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc. v. Argonaut Private Equity, LLC, 804 F.Supp.2d 808 (N.D. Illinois, 2011)
- Gonzalez v. Second Federal Savings and Loan Ass’n, 352 Ill.Dec. 385, 954 N.E.2d 245 (1st Dist. 2011)