David M. Gower concentrates his practice in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, estate and trust-related litigation, and probate litigation.
David has extensive experience in the drafting of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, advance medical directives, and other estate planning documents as well as the representation of fiduciaries and beneficiaries in trust and estate administration.
In addition, he assists corporate and individual clients in commercial and residential real estate transactions and has extensive experience in state and federal courts in a broad range of civil and business litigation matters.
Prior to joining Lillig & Thorsness, David worked at a boutique Chicagoland firm, where he gained valuable experience in estate planning, probate, litigation, real estate, and business law.
Leadership Positions & Association Involvement
- DuPage County Bar Association Probate and Estate Planning Section, Chair, 2021-2022
- Illinois State Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
Publications & Presentations
David frequently shares insights regarding estate planning with public, private, and professional groups and has discussed the topic at length in the following publications:
- “The Digital Afterlife: Unlocking Digital Assets After Death,” DCBA Brief, The Journal of the DuPage County Bar Association, Volume 35, Issue 4, January/February 2023.
- “Convenience Accounts, DCBA Brief,” The Journal of the DuPage County Bar Association, Volume 33, Issue 6, February 2021
- “Breaking Clergy Confidence,” The Baptist Bulletin Magazine, May 2012