William W. (“Bill”) Thorsness is one of the co-founders and an owner of the firm. He has over four (4) decades of extensive experience in successfully representing individuals, business owners, professionals, executives, retirees and their families with all matters relating to their estate planning affairs and the post-mortem settlement of estates. Bill focuses on planning strategies to protect clients and their families from exposure to federal and state estate taxation, losses to divorcing spouses and creditors, and from the extra time and expense associated with probate court proceedings.
Bill was admitted to practice in the State of Illinois in 1973 and is licensed to practice in all the Illinois courts, including the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Bill is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, serves as an Officer and Director of two substantial charitable foundations, is a former director of a metropolitan financial institution, is a member of Harvest Bible Chapel in Rolling Meadows, Illinois, a Life Loyal Member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity and a long term member and former Director of Ruth Lake Country Club, in Hinsdale, Illinois. He frequently speaks about estate planning to public, private and professional groups.
- Estate and Financial Planning
- Estate Administration and Settlement
- Federal and State Estate Taxation
- Federal Gift and Generation Skipping Taxation
- Business Succession Planning
- Asset Protection Planning
- J.D., DePaul University, 1973
- B.S. (Magna Cum Laude), Business Administration, Bradley University, 1969
- United States Army, Honorable Discharge, 1975